Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Admit to Your Wrongs and Ask for Forgiveness

I think this hand of harmony is one of the most difficult ones to achieve. I believe there is a level of stubborness in all of us. To add onto stubborness, the easy way out seems to be a common denominator in how many people deal with certain issues. I refer back to a previous hand of harmony when I was talking about the word "No". Remember how I was saying how easy it is to say no? This is a perfect example.

What is the "easy way out"?

I came up with a list of 5 things you may hear- sometimes more often than not- from someone who have a hard time admitting to their wrongs. Let's see if you agree:

1. Diverting blame- the "he did it, she did it" way out 

2. "It's not like it was important or anything"- downplaying a situation when you make a mistake

3. Make an excuse- I could list about 1,000,000

4. "I know I am right"- the good ol' whatever I say is right phrase

5. Completely ignoring the situation


How'd I do? We have all heard things like the phrases above when someone is too proud to admit a mistake. I give you a great challenge right in the heart of the week. Instead of taking the easy way out when you do something wrong, think about these next 5 ways to help you admit to it.

1. Take responsibility- a person will gain much more respect for someone that is responsible for their actions

2. Be Humble- It is hard to believe someone that speaks with so much pride

3. Accept Consequences- a step many people miss. Every action has a consequence so be a bigger person today by accepting what comes out of your mistake.

4. Be Open-minded- see the other person's perspective and accept it

5. Learn from your mistake- document the moment in your head and learn from it to reduce or stop it from happening again

Please keep in mind that crossing paths with the do's and don'ts is the number one don't. For example, if you take responsibility, don't follow it with an excuse. Be sincere.

Everyone in this world makes mistakes. It is what makes us human. To increase the peace and harmony in this world, start today by admitting to those wrongs, asking for forgiveness,
and accepting your consequences. I ask that you really take this hand of harmony to heart today because I believe that this topic will help find a better balance in all of your relationships.

-JR

No comments:

Post a Comment